This workshop is meant for introductory level excel training, supplementing the intermediate and advanced trainings offered by external partners with the help of the DofM. Students will get a detailed overview of the software capabilities learning how to best enter and organize data, perform calculations with simple functions, work with multiple worksheets, format the appearance of data and cells, and build charts and PivotTables.
Students unable to attend in-class LinkedIn Learning Excel Foundation Workshops will be able to complete the certificate online and at their own pace. Additional details will be available as of September 26th @ 4:00 pm.
A LinkedIn profile is required to access the LinkedIn Learning platform. A LinkedIn workshop will be provided during the first session for students to set up their accounts and learn more about the platform.
You will be required to bring a headphone to the workshop.
Having completed the series students will have the basic knowledge to utilize Excel in a proficient level. Additionally, students will earn a LinkedIn Learning Certificate of Completion to display in their LinkedIn profiles, two endorsable LinkedIn skills (Spreadsheets, Microsoft Excel), and a competitive point of differentiation for their resumes.
DofM Excel Certificates:
In order for students to be eligible for the Department of Management Excel Certificate, they must complete the following:
Excel 2016 Essential Training (in-class/online training)
1 of 4 Professional Excel Training by Setti Coscarella or Marquee Group (in-class)
- Setti Coscarella: Excel for E-Commerce (6 hour workshop) – Saturday, November 2nd (10-4pm)
- Setti Coscarella: Excel for Real Estate (6 hour workshop) – Saturday, February 8th (10-4pm)
- Setti Coscarella: Excel for Manufacturing (6 hour workshop) – Saturday, March 7th (10-4pm)
- Marquee Group: Financial Modeling (8 hour workshop) – Saturday, November 30th (9-5pm)
1 of 4 LinkedIn Excel by Disciplines: (online training)
- Excel for Accountants
- Excel for Corporate Finance Professionals
- Excel for Investment Professionals
- Excel for Marketers
Workshop Dates and topics:
- Session 1: Sept 26th (11-1pm) – Introduction and Overview of Excel Workshop
- Session 2: Sept 30th (1-3pm) – Basics of data entry, formulas and functions
- Session 3: Oct 3rd (11-1pm) – Formatting, layout and data organization
- Session 4: Oct 7th (1-3pm) – Printing and charts
- Session 5: Oct 10th (12-1pm) – Worksheets and workbooks
- Session 6: Oct 21st (1-3pm) – Advanced power funcions & security
- Session 7: Oct 24th (11-1pm) – Advanced data management and analysis tools (Part I)
- Session 8: Oct 28th (11-1pm) – Advanced data management and analysis tools (Part II)
- Session 9: Oct 31st (11-1pm) – Assessment – Excel Assignment
Note: You may choose to complete the full excel course via LinkedIn learning online (15 hours) and outside of in-class sessions.
Cesar Lozano | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Linnet Kocheril | E: email@example.com
T: 905-302-3113 | Office: KN 215